Valentine’s Day is coming! And while traditionally Valentine’s Day means chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate, there are plenty of ways to enjoy your holiday in a healthy way!
Have an active date night
– Take a romantic walk through a scenic part of town. Whether it’s in the city center, through a beautiful neighborhood or in your historic district.
– Ride a bike through a park and then find a hidden spot to be alone. Be sure to bring a blanket to sit on while you enjoy the sights of the day.
– Go dancing! You can go out or stay in. Just put on your favorite dance tunes and hold a dance party in your living room.
– Go skating, ice skating or roller skating, depending on your preference, is a great and nostalgic way to spend your Valentine’s evening.
– Go for a hike. Search the web for a scenic hike nearby that you and your Valentine can enjoy together. Pack healthy snacks, water and a comfy blanket so you can find a cozy rest spot and enjoy each others company.
– Build a snow-couple or have a snowball fight.
Eat a Healthy Romantic Meal
– Make a healthy dinner together at home. Search your favorite healthy recipe websites and choose a dinner that sings to you both. Then hit the grocery store, put on some music and cook together.
– Go to a restaurant and split the courses. Instead of you both ordering an appetizer, entrée and dessert, split your meal instead.
Healthy and Romantic Dessert Options
– Split a dessert. Order your favorite treat and split it!
– Or make your own romantic treats:
These chocolate chip stuffed strawberries are easy to make and delicious!
If chocolate isn’t your thing, try these yogurt stuffed strawberries. They sound amazing!
Healthy Gift Options
Instead of giving a box full of chocolate, give just one or two small pieces with a mixture of healthy treats, such as healthy granola, Lara Bars and fruit.
Give flowers, jewelry or a beautiful vase to your gal.
For the guy, choose technology gadgets, sports memorabilia or a game (video or board).
What are your healthy Valentine’s Day plans/ideas?