I’m a big fan of stuffed peppers. They are healthy, versatile and relatively easy once you learn the process. But sometimes I don’t want to go through the work of making a stuffed pepper. That’s when this stuffed pepper soup comes in to play. It’s made in the slow cooker with minimal prep, and it’s delicious and satisfying, just like a stuffed pepper.
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 13.5 ounce box of crushed tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 15 ounces of tomato sauce
- 3 cups of low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Brown the beef over medium heat with Italian Seasoning.
- Drain any excess fat from beef and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
And that’s it! An easy and healthy meal with little prep work!