Happy Friday! I keep thinking it’s Monday since yesterday was a holiday. Am I the only one??
Here’s what I loved this week:
Yoga Challenge Completed
I have been doing yoga on and off, more off than on, for about a year. Then when I started working at a yoga studio, my goal was to be more on. And I was doing better, but not great. There would still be weeks where I didn’t step foot on the mat.
Then mid-November came the 30 Practice Challenge. The goal was to practice 30 times between November 15th and December 31st. And you can’t put a challenge in front of me without me going for it full force.
And that’s what I did. It was more difficult than I thought it would be to get 30 practices in, but on Tuesday December 30th, I took my 30th yoga class. Challenge – Met!
It was a proud moment when I finished, but I also noticed that during this cold and busy holiday season, the benefits were far more than self-pride.
My muscles tend to tighten up in the cold weather, and they stay looser than they would have normally. While I did have stressful moments this holiday season, they were fewer and shorter than they were in holidays past. My spirit was calmer – and ready for the joy, not the overwhelming anxiety, that the holidays bring.
And I’m excited to continue on my yoga journey into 2015!
New Years Resolutions
I’m not big into actually celebrating New Years Eve or Day. The day’s are usually normal and I rarely stay up until midnight. (Sorry!) But I do like the thought of a New Year, Fresh Start, New Goals, etc.
So, yep, I made New Year’s Resolutions. I’m a goal person. I can’t go a New Year without making resolutions. So here they are:
- Improve my yoga practice and begin taking new styles of yoga. I’ve been doing a lot of slow flow, deep stretching yoga which I love and will continue. But I also want to try some Vinyasa style yoga.
- Start running again and run the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston, SC. I took a break due to some hip/low back pain, but I’m ready to get back at it (gradually, of course!)
- Stop being such a worry-wart! Because, I worry way too much about things that I can’t control, which I know is normal, but I would like to stop doing so much of that. I have no plan on how to do this, so any suggestions are welcome!
- Grow Fit 4 Me. I’ve started a local Meetup group (if you are in Charlotte – check us out!) And I’m looking forward to making some online videos for those outside of NC to join in on the fun.
- Read more. I just love to read, so I want to find more time to do so.
Do you celebrate New Years Eve or Day? What New Years Resolutions did you make this year?