When people say “I can’t”, many times it really means “I’m scared.” And I get it! I haven’t always lived the lifestyle I do now. For many years of my life, my diet consisted of pizza, rice-a-roni, microwave mac and cheese, HUGE bakery style blueberry muffins, Pop Tarts (Strawberry Frosted-YUM!), Coke and Doritos. And then one day, as I was groggily walking through life, battling cold after cold, and feeling sluggish all the time, I realized that I needed to turn my health around.
Slowly I began to try new foods, change the way I was eating (more cooking, less processed) and today I have found a happy balance of good eats, sweet treats and movement! I’ve dedicated my life to helping others do the same way. Not through silly weight loss competitions that get quick results that never last, but through small and effective lifestyle changes that you can keep up, and will want to keep up! It’s fitness, food and happiness, all in one!
This blog will be full of useful information, inspiration, recipes to try, and exercises to challenge your body.
Each week I will give you a change to focus on that will give everyone a boost in their health, from the absolute newbie to the advanced athlete. And for one week, you will focus on that small change to make it a habit, and change your health and life for the better.
So join me in challenging yourself to become a healthier you – one change at a time!
- a Native Charlottean (and yes, we are a rare breed!)
- a UNC Chapel Hill grad with degrees in Exercise Science and Psychology
- a certified Health and Fitness Specialist with the ACSM
- a lover of sports and all things active!
- a wife and “mother” to a lovely (if not very sleepy) 13 year old dachshund/beagle mix, Caroline
- a baker with a mean sweet tooth!
- a person who is passionate about health, wellness and fitness